Program Educational Objectives
- To prepare students for successful carrier in industry that meets the need of Indian and multinational companies.
- To develop the ability among students to synthesis data and technical concepts for application to product design and its development.
- To provide opportunity for students to work as part of teams on multidisciplinary projects.
- To provide students with a sound foundation in the mathematical scientific and engineering fundamentals necessary to formulate, solve and analyze engineering problems and to prepare them for post-graduate studies.
- To promote students awareness of the lifelong learning and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice along with environmental issues.
- Graduates will demonstrate basic knowledge in mathematics science and engineering.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design and conduct experiments, interpret and analyze data and report results.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to design a Mechanical systems or a thermal system or a process that meets desired specifications and requirements.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to function on engineering and science laboratory teams as well as on multidisciplinary design teams.
- Graduates will demonstrate the ability to identify, formulate and solve mechanical engineering problems.
- Graduates will demonstrate an understanding of their professional and ethical responsibilities.
- Graduates will be able to communicate effectively in both verbal and written forms.
- Graduates will have the confidence to apply engineering solutions in global and social context.
- Graduates should be capable of self-education and clearly understand the value of lifelong learning.
- Graduates will be broadly educated and will have an understanding of the impact of engineering on society and demonstrate awareness of contemporary issues.
- Graduates will be familiar with modern engineering software tools and equipments to analyze mechanical engineering problems.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO's)
- Design Engineering: An ability to design and analyze mechanical components and processes to predict the behavior of engineering systems.
- Thermal Engineering: An ability to apply fundamentals to design and analyze the thermo-hydraulic systems.
- Manufacturing Engineering: An ability to apply the principles of manufacturing engineering and technology to develop techno commercial skills.